One Hundred Years a Parish
St. Elizabeth of Hungary Parish
1906 - 2006
Two parts of documentary on history of St. Elizabeth parish to be screened
The Record / December 19, 2008
Louisville filmmaker Ron Schildknecht will have a screening of the first two parts of a documentary on the history of St. Elizabeth of Hungary parish on Dec. 21 at the church, 1020 E. Burnett Ave.
Part one will be shown at 6 p.m., part two at 7 p.m. DVDs of both parts will be available for purchase.
Part one, entitled “Big Hearts, Big Ideas,” includes the immigration of German Catholics in the 1800s that led to the establishment of St. Elizabeth parish in 1906. Also featured is Father John Knue, the parish’s third pastor.
Part two explores the tenure of Msgr. John Dudine, the parish’s fourth and longest-serving pastor (1938 to 1967).